Monday, May 14, 2007

Well watered garden...

And the LORD will continually guide you, And satisfy your desire in scorched places, And give strength to your bones; And you will be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail. Isaiah 58:11

My life is pleasantly packed with a variety of tasks that are calling my name! Therefore, my blogging will be less than consistent. In fact, I set up this blog quite some time ago. After much thought I did retrieve the password from the long term memory files. :)

As I contemplated a title for this blog, one of my favorite scriptures came to mind. Several years ago I was in one of my rather dry spots when I came across this passage. Continual guidance. Thank goodness! As a single gal, I'm so thankful for a Heavenly Father's willingness to guide me by the gentle nudging in the quietness of life.

Strength. The King James Version says 'make fat thy bones.' Okay, this is not an end that I am seeking, but strength, awwww. Courage to push through the mundane and sometimes the insane! :)

A well watered garden...A stream whose waters do not fail! During my Junior year of College, I had the privilege of taking a 10 day hike through the Smokey Mountains. Midway through the hike we spent a day and night alone, fasting and praying. My leaders chose a beautiful spot for me. I was placed in a valley of lush, green moss. A bubbling, joyous brook wound its way through the bottom. Moss islands stood in the middle of this brook. I remember the awe of the beauty of God's creation. My deepest desire is that my life my be like a well watered, bubbling brook of the love of Jesus to those around me.

I hope you all have a wonderful and joyous day! I may come and read your blog, but it will be some time before I blog again. : ) Toodle-oo.

15 comments:

Kimberly said...

I clicked to you from J's...so sorry, you're found out! Loved the 1st posting! Blessings!

coffeechica said...

hey friend! you've been discovered! great encouraging blog! hope to see you soon! love ya!

Making Memories 1999 said...

Love your blog title and first post!!! Encouraging!! I can just imagine how beautiful and neat your time in the Smokey Mountains would have been! What a great place to get away and talk to HIM!! Thanks for sharing that!! Welcome to the blogosphere!!! So glad you're here!!!

Making Memories 1999 said...

Forgot to add: Sunshine Girl likes the colors of your blog :-)

coffeechica said...

coffee sounds good! how about June 1? :D or sometime in the near future! miss and love ya girl!

lauralavon said...

Beautiful. That was an added refreshment for this morning. I pray I can keep that in mind all day long as I inneract with my family and others...to be a well watered garden...wow

Of course, I've read it before, but sometimes it hits you in a fresh way. Thanks!

Please keep those posts comin' as you are able. It is so nice to share in each other's lives.

You're a blessing!

Kelli said...

Alright Jo! Very cute blog. I look forward to keeping up with you and your thoughts. Miss and love you.
~Kel

Julia said...

Jo;
So glad you're here. Just so you know, you are a friendwho Jesus uses to refresh my soul. Thanks.
Can you email me your blog address, I just get here by clicking your name.

Coffeechica,
I need your blog address too, this clicking on a name thing takes too much work. :)

lauralavon said...

Jo,
I forgot to tell you how much I am enjoying my new coffee mug! It has the perfect thin lip, is bigger than a normal china cup, and is beautiful. Thanks so much. I'll think of you every time I use it.

Kelli said...

Hi again Fred. Yes, August 8th would be great. Judy will have just left to go back to China so I'll be in need for some company.
I think we're going to push back the beginning construction date so that we'll have some time to recooperate from the baby. We'll have a room for you to stay in and would love to have you if you can make it. It brings me such peace reading your blog entry. I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Good to see you on the web. Thanks for the encouraging blog. And way to go making disclaimers about the fact that you may not blog often -- very wise. :) I think you're cool!

Love ya!

coffeechica said...

yes, your beautiful dresses have made many banquets happier! thanks for sharing :P well summer is coming sooner and sooner. can't wait to chill w/ ya!

Julia said...

MORE, I NEED MORE!

Kimberly said...

Another comment: This has always been one of favorite passages too, and I appreciate the new insights..bring it on, Sis. Jo!

Kelli said...

We all can't wait to see what you're going to post next sista! What has Jo been up to this January? I miss you!!!