Monday, February 11, 2008

Birthday!

Fun Happy Birthday flowers from my dear sister, Rachel! :)
Twenty-eight years of life. Having a birthday so close to January causes me to do more of the New Year's resolution thing at this point in year. Another year gone... How was my time used well? Where did I waste this precious time? How can I improve for the upcoming year of life? What is in store for this year? Well, dear reader, the answers to these questions I will not place here.
Recently, I heard someone ask this question aloud in innocence. Should everything in my life be questioned? Through the help of wonderful friends, I have found the value of questioning. So I'm sure that this next year will be full of questions and peeling of layers. For those of you who are C.S. Lewis fans, I pray that this year God, in His almighty wisdom, will help me by taking His hand, like that of Aslan's claw, and tear away those layers that I cannot on my own. It may be ouchy, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes! I pray that this year will be full of growth and development in my relationship with Jesus. For this is truely all that matters! :)
Jo


6 comments:

Making Memories 1999 said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, dear friend!!

I so appreciate you, your life, and your desire to become a better follower of Christ!! I trust God's richest blessings will be yours as you learn more of Him!! Love ya, friend!

Rachel Hurst said...

Jo,
Let the questioning start! You my dear have helped me so much. Thank you for passing on what you have learned to me and others. Love you like a sister oh, wait you are my sister! Ha to the rest of you! I hit the jackpot.

Julia said...

Hippo birdie two ewe, hippo birie two ewe, hippo birde, dear joana, hippo birdie two ewe. I've never really understood that song, but I guess it's just tradition to sing it on a person's birthday. Go Figure!

So glad you're posting more. I LOVE seeing photos of your classroom and kiddos. Neat to learn more about your work.

Amen to questions and layers. I'm covinced it's a life long process, but I have found so much more joy in my relationships with others and Jesus because of it. I so appreciate you. Rach is right, she hit the jackpot with a sister likt you. Then again, she's quite a treasure too. :)

Kimberly said...

Hey, my far away friend,

You are awesome! I enjoy reading your blogs and talking to you (the few times that we actually get to chat). I admire you greatly.

Kimberly said...

I am leaving another comment to celebrate this great ting of you blogging TWICE in one week!!! Yep, once you turn 28, things start changing...ie more blogging!!:) THAT is your resolution I gather?!

Actually, soo wise not to post too much here...but let the questions (with the Lord's leadership) begin!

lauralavon said...

I haven't had time to check the blogworld much this week, but I'm finally getting around to a few tonight. So happy to see you have new posts! This was a beautiful one. Thanks for sharing.