Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Year...some things never change!

In the midst of New Year’s resolutions, I would like to say that although there are a many things that I would like to improve during 2009, I am glad that some things remain the same. I’m thankful for the steady love of my Heavenly Father.

Sometimes I think that it is easy to fall into the trap of continually seeking for something different. I believe that it is vital for me to continually seek to pursue my relationship with Jesus. I want to continually improve my teaching strategies. I would like to make good choices about my health.

Instead of being a resolution, I think that these things should be a continual walk a continual practice. Slow and steady.

Well, just some random thoughts from a very tired brain. I don’t know what your week has been like, but if you’re going through a tough time, I hope this will help. I know it lifted my spirits tonight!
Jo

"When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer." Corrie ten Boom

4 comments:

ragmom said...

Thanks so much, Joana. Appreciate the encouragement!! Ruth

Kimberly said...

I like that quote and your thoughts...Blessings!

lauralavon said...

So true. Love you, girl!

Julia said...

Amen. Good stuff. Love ya.