Monday, September 29, 2008

Are you waiting?

I’m waiting I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I’m waiting I will serve You
While I’m waiting I will worship
While I’m waiting I will not faint
I’ll be running the race Even while I wait
I’m waiting I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it’s not easy But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting on You, Lord
John Waller
© 2007 Travelin’ Zoo Music (ASCAP) (admin. by EMI CMG Publishing)

6 comments:

lauralavon said...

I too have had those "waiting times," Jo.
You are ever in my thoughts and prayers. I just gave you a big bear hug, in case you didn't realize it! : )

Anonymous said...

I've been in Psalms lately in my devotions, and I've been amazed at the amount of times "waiting" on God is mentioned. I was struck anew with the fact that waiting implies expectancy. Obviously, if one ceases to believe that the object of desire will never come to pass one ceases to wait for it. So often the Psalmist would speak about waiting on the Lord, and I was reminded again that we wait expectantly, knowing that in His wisdom and His perfect timing He will accomplish what is perfect for us. Blessings, my friend!

Anonymous said...

I guess I should have said either "if one believes that the object of desire will never come to pass" OR "if one ceases to believe that the object of desire will ever come to pass". Oh well...I think you get my drift.

Kelli said...

It seems to me like Jo is going through a learning time (when aren't we?) and I wish I could give you a gigantic hug right now. I love you girl!

Kimberly said...

Been there/done that....actually STILL there/still doing that!:) Hanging in there w/ya! But grateful that there is peace and comfort and joy even in the waiting times.

Julia said...

Hey Miss Jo!

As our dear friend Becca says, "Wait is a four letter word!" My experience has been that the waiting usually results i a real time of growth and learning to trust Jesus even more. You are in my prayers my friend.

Love Ya.

Ps LOVE the music!