Monday, September 22, 2008

Bright Blue

The weather was beautiful that day. If only the inside had been half as sunny. The heavy weight of disappointment and scar tissue filled me. Am I going to do this for the rest of my life? Is it really worth the hours? As I stood on the playground watching them run off energy, I felt a tug and I looked down into beautiful, blue eyes. The small voice said, "Miss Ryder, when you were sitting in group time today, you looked so pretty...and you still look pretty now."

I don't think that this youngster was speaking about my outer appearance. Instead I think he was responding to love.

Lord, my prayer is that the beauty of you would be seen in me. Help me to respond in kindness and compassion. Help me to be firm when they need that approach. Help me to teach them the academic skills in preparation for the next grade level, but more than that, may they catch a glimpse of you.

5 comments:

lauralavon said...

I so appreciate what you're faithfully doing on your "mission field." Blessings, my sweet friend.
Laura

Making Memories 1999 said...

I'm sure they see Jesus in you!! You are such a blessing! Thank you for making a difference in these little lives.

Julia said...

They must see Jesus in you, I know I sure do.

I am praying for you my brave friend.

Kimberly said...

Awwww....Lovely!
(I was just bragging on you the other day....)

Kelli said...

Your entry today was pure refreshment for the soul Jo. Keep on keeping on my dear friend!