Saturday, February 7, 2009

Thoughts from Jo

I normally think, ponder, stress, and analyze before posting a blog. Today, after reading another blog, I decided to give you just a quick glimpse into life…for better or for worse.

I enjoy time alone. I like to read, think, process and rejuvenate. I’m finding that this time is precious, but living with others is very enjoyable. During the last two and a half years I moved back in with my parents to complete my Master’s degree. I was rarely home, instead I found other locations to research and compose papers.

For the last few months I have been living with my sister and a dear friend. I have had to take down my little walls of solitude to allow others into my close quarters. I anticipated some ‘selfishness’ struggles in this area and attacked these with a vengeance. The result has been delightful! Areas of inconsistency on my part have been pointed out. I’ve been questioned about areas that I didn’t know existed. We’ve laughed, cried, celebrated, and discussed.

I guess, what I’m trying to say, is that I have a new appreciation for community. You see, I have the privilege of attending a church where others are willing to lovingly confront me about issues that are not pleasing to Jesus. I understand that one day I will stand before God all alone, but I must surround myself with other believes who are sharpening me.

Although we are not having formal worship services in our little apartment, I’m thankful that our Heavenly Father is in the midst shaping, changing, and remaking us into His likeness!

For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. Matthew 18:20 NASB

6 comments:

coffeechica said...

I like your blog. I like your hair. I like your room. I like your sister. I like your home. I like you! :D

Thanks for sharing... EVERYTHING!! I love you, friend!

Kimberly said...

I think I like less analyzed posts:)...just share, sister..we are the "better" for it! And I say, bring on anything that will keep us "singles" from getting too set in our "own way". I agree...we are created for community. Bless you.

Rachel Hurst said...

Very loverly!

Kelli said...

Oh Jo! I miss you.

Julia said...

Community is good. Especially if community means I get to hang with you, my friend. :)

Thanks for being honest and becoming a more beautiful person. Thanks also for helping to sharpen me.

lauralavon said...

I'm finally having a day again where I can read some blogs. I enjoyed your post so much.
Back in the late 80's I spent a lot of time doing just what you gals are doing; invaluable times they were, to say the least.
I'm thankful that, in many ways, the community accountability and sharpening can continue throughout life with the body of Christ.
Love you much!