Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Stretching

In an effort to get myself back on track physically, I have been preparing to run a 5K. Each day adds a bit more until I realized that I can now run for 9 minutes without passing out. My muscles are developing strength. Improved endurance is apparent. I am changing for the better. Although I have yet to notice a difference in the scales, I can tell that my body is changing.

 My muscles aren't the only area of growth, though. In some ways, I would take the physical pain of muscle development over that of other areas. I’m being stretched emotionally and spiritually, too. Once again, I see no difference on the scales, but I’m noticing a difference in my life.

So I will release my grubby fingers from my tight hold on things and trust my kind, Papa! He knows what’s best.

4 comments:

lauralavon said...

Oh, I like that! And I like you! Lots! ;)
So thankful for you, Jo. Jesus just continues to make you such a blessing in my life and (I'm sure) in the lives of others as well! Thank you for letting Him! Love you.

Jo said...

Laura,
Thank you so much for the encouraging note! :) I love you!
Jo

Making Memories 1999 said...

"...and you shall come forth as gold." It's worth the stretch, isn't it? =) Hope you have a LOVELY day!

Jo said...

Becca,
It is worth it! I hope your day is lovely, too! It looks like your fall party was a hit! :)
Jo