Monday, June 23, 2008

What am I doing this summer?

Well, after finishing the school year, I raced to Florida. It was a fun, busy time. Now, I'm back in good 'ole Illinois! For the first time.......in a long time, I'm relaxing. I noticed the other day that I felt the almost uncontrollable urge to get busy for the sake of being busy. I don't know that there is much value in this. Don't get me wrong....I'm not sitting at home doing absolutely nothing. Instead, I'm reading, mowing the lawn, trimming the shrubs, enjoying the outdoors, watching the sunset... It is a much needed time of healing and rejuvination. :)

BUT... I have been busy with a few fun projects...

A fun little skirt for my desk. :) (The material was purchased over a year ago. It's nice to have time to finish it.)

I will be doing a church camp and a VBS this summer. This is the background. I've also purchased two fake trees for the outdoor adventure of developing a trusting relationship with Jesus!

This is my parent's home, where I am currently living. I love the way the light shines off of the floor. It's my favorite spot in the house! :)


6 comments:

Rachel Hurst said...

Jo,
You are amazing! I love the back drop! What cute cousins we have! What an amazing women you are! Much love! You are cherished!

Kelli said...

I can relate with the project urges. It's the teacher in you Jo. How many years have you been doing this VBS camp now? You're such a faithful servant my dear. I hope all goes well and many little ones come to know the unfailing love of Jesus. I'm sure it'll be a blessed time.

lauralavon said...

I enjoyed all FOUR posts! I had not been able to read any blogs for a while. Your parent's home looks beautiful! Enjoy that "down time."

Kimberly said...

Relax, girl...soak up some renewal!
Would love to hear your children's ministry this summer...I'm sure it's wonderful!
So glad you were able to be with your sibs. in Fl. FOR 17 DAYS!!!! Wow...I'm jealous!!

Making Memories 1999 said...

Glad you are enjoying a "relaxing" summer! Thanks for sharing the fun pictures. (And I, too, like the way the sun shines off of that beautiful wood floor!)

Anonymous said...

Hey, friend! So great to see you in Hobie! Just sorry it wasn't longer.

I am very impressed that your desk has a skirt. Just make sure it always keeps its knees together, and all will be well.

Love ya!