Thursday, August 20, 2009

Following the Rules

Tonight I heard a delightful talk! Bless the speaker's heart! : ) If we have committed to be connected to a certain organization, group, or cause, it seems to make sense that we should follow the rules of those involved. Sometimes these rules are outlined clearly and other times they are underlying/unwritten rules.
Please understand, I'm not advocating mindless obedience without questions. However, if I have assessed the organization and feel that what it has to offer is valuable enough to join, then I should follow the rules.
When I bust out from under the outlined boundaries, I may be the cause of relational difficulties, negative influences, and many other negative effects.
I think that in such matters relationship usurps my own agenda/wants.
Well I think I've been sufficiently vague in my presentation here. If you have followed these rambling thoughts of a tired teacher on Thursday evening, I'd love to hear what you think.
Jo

No comments: