Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fourth Grade

I have been blessed with a very sweet class! If LaRae is reading this...I wish you could see this group. They look a little more like the video! :)

We wrote in our journals the other day and one of my little guys ended his entry with..."well that's all for now..." So sweet!

The curriculum is pretty daunting in the Fourth Grade. We're very excited about it, though! The students have already started their insect collections. I'm a little nervous about the size of the bugs!!!

My last BLOG had the word 'snakes' in it. In my rush to finish the BLOG, while sitting in my car, I forgot to include the story.

Lucas and I (when he was still here) decided to take a little walk Sunday evening, after church. We were on our way back from the beach and chatting away about I'm not sure what.... All of a sudden, I happened to look down! I could just barely make out the outline of a snake in front of me! Unfortunately, I was already in stepping motion and couldn't stop myself! Behold, I stepped upon the snake a let out quit a large yell while beginning to run. Sadly, I was wearing a long jean skirt. Well, if you run in skits often, you know that they have a tendency to wrap around one's legs. Sure enough my skirt began to do just that. I'm sure you know what I was thinking! Could that snake still be with me?!!! This resulted in more noise, which was ridiculed by the dear, loving brother! Thankfully my trusty heart made it through the episode and I haven't seen another one since! :)

I hope your day is better! :)
Jo

3 comments:

coffeechica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
coffeechica said...

Aw Jo! I'm laughing inside. I can just see you running and jumping and yelling. Poor dear! I hope you don't see any more snakes! ugh!!

lauralavon said...

I almost yelped just reading about the snake ordeal! I'll make sure Rae read's this soon. She and Chelle are having a "date" tonight with Grandpa and Grandma. ;)
We feel like we're kinda of re-living 4th grade with you since you're teaching A Beka! That was our favorite grade with DVD! The girls really did learn A LOT!
Love it that you're updating us!
Thank you, JO!