Friday, September 16, 2011

Blessings

The blessings have been a bit overwhelming recently! I thought I’d just make a list here…may you have a day of focusing on blessings.
1. Last Saturday: My alarm goes off. I clean my home. Friends come. We read from God’s Word together. We dig into John together. We talk about our struggles and fears. We are real, with our hands joined as we help one another on this journey of following Jesus.
2. Saturday: I spend a quiet day in my little bungalow. I read, think, organize, etc. At 5:30PM different friends come to play games. We eat. We play delightful games. We laugh. At 8:30PM the conversation turns. Now, issues are discussed. Questions are asked. Answers are analyzed. It lasts late into the evening.
3. Sunday: I teach Sunday school. The children are precious. They’ve grown so much! It is a delight to teach them. I go to lunch in the cafeteria. The chicken is much better than my normal frozen pizza. Conversations again. Deep conversations. Questions are asked and hearts are opened.
4. Monday: Family dinner again. Everyone brings something. We gather. We eat. We discuss worldviews. We talk about following Jesus.
5. Tuesday: A wonderful student teacher is in my classroom this year. Fresh ideas are shared. I am challenged.
6. Wednesday: Testimonies are given during the evening service. There is a one sentence limit. God is good!
7. Thursday: Starbucks with good people. Fun activities are planned. Reminiscing occurs about the past. Short drinks are wonderful.
8. Friday: A chance to look at Face Book. A wonderful video. My heart is encouraged! I am blessed.

3 comments:

Happy Dae said...

All of that in one week!! Wow! Good for you!

lauralavon said...

Lovely post.
Miss you, Jo, but so happy to know God is using you and blessing you. Love ya much.

Kelli said...

Loved reading your updates Jo! You have definately been a busy girl and you are BLESSED. :) I was just thinking about you on Monday.

You make me smile sweet Jo! I miss you sister.

Offer still stands if you need a place for Thanksgiving.