Monday, September 5, 2011

A New School Year

Another school year has begun. I’m continually more and more amazed by how quickly time passes. I am overwhelmed with thankfulness to have a job that I absolutely enjoy taking part in each day. It isn’t a chore to get up to see eleven shining faces, eager to learn!

This summer was full of business, but it was absolutely wonderful. I had the awesome privilege of enjoying the company of two of my most favorite people in the entire world. Lucas, Rachel, and I worked together on moving, VBSing, shrub trimming, etc. God has blessed me with two of the best siblings a girl could ask for!

Recently, as always, thoughts continue to churn inside my mind. I’ve been overwhelmed of the brevity of life! The cultural messages of what is important are overwhelming, but if I can keep this thought at the forefront, it helps me to weed through these faulty, fleeting views.

We are here to get ready for eternity.

It’s just a brief time that I must lose my life to find it….. It is only for a moment that I must bear these burdens…. It is only for a breath that I must work through the layers that make me who I am…

THEN…..
If I am found faithful….if I have done well…. I will spend

ETERNITY
with the one who loves me, who knows what’s best for me, who died for me! Oh…..(she says with a bit of a squeal) ….I can’t wait!

“Heartache forces us to embrace God out of desparate, urgent need. God is never closer than when your heart is aching."
— Joni Eareckson Tada


5 comments:

lauralavon said...

So good to find a post from YOU! on my Google Reader today. You are often in my fond thoughts and always in my daily prayers. Love you, Jo.

Alanna said...

I loved reading your post Jo. Glad you're having a good year so far - teaching is a joy and so rewarding! Good reminder about the brevity of our lives. Lord, help me to make each moment matter!

Happy Dae said...

It's like we are on a roller coaster. Never been on one myself. (Silent prayer of thanksgiving to God!) But, they kindof start out slow then get real fast and scary then slow down again.

Julia said...

My dear friend, so so good to see a post from you. Such a good reminder of what really matters and why we are here in the first place. Glad this year is going well so far, just wish you were a little closer so I could hear all about it in person. Much love headed your way from all of us in the Thomas household.

Making Memories 1999 said...

Thank you!! Such good thoughts! I'm glad your year is going well. Blessings, friend! =)