Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Good-Bye

Yes, I technically get 3 months off each summer, but I must convey the pull on my heart strings at this, the end of my first year in first grade. The following is a letter that I included with my report cards and it sums up my feelings. So if you ask, "Jo, are you ready for this year to be over?" I'll say something like, "Yeah." But, deep down this is what I'm feeling...

Dear Parents,

Today I give you back your child. The same child you confidently entrusted to my care last fall. I give them back pounds heavier, inches taller, and months wiser than they were then.

Although they would have attained their growth in spite of me, it has been my pleasure and privilege to watch their personality unfold day by day and marvel at this miracle of development.

I give them back reluctantly. Having spent nine months together in the narrow confines of a classroom, we have grown close and we shall always retain a little of each other. We have lived, loved, laughed, learned, and enriched our lives together this year.

Remember that I shall always be interested in your child and their future endeavors, wherever they go, whatever they do, whoever they become. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be your child’s teacher this year!

Miss Ryder

6 comments:

無料提供!!情報商材・商品徹底分析!!(初心者向け) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lauralavon said...

Well, Jo, I just came from Kayla's blog where I laughed until I cried; now I am almost crying at this post.
That was precious!
I'm so thankful you are one of those rare and wonderful teachers who will surely make a difference in the lives of many little people!
Appreciate you! What an outreach!

Kimberly said...

So sweet..so proud of all you bring to this very needed ministry!

JUST READ THE DOG-BITE STORY!!!!...SO SORRY!!!
As a very paranoid of dogs person, you have heightened my belief that I would get attacked if I were to venture out on our country road. So Sorry and so glad you are OK and could get rescued by your aunt. Bless your heart!! I'll leave the laughing to other, evil people!!:)

Amber said...

Love the sentiment, Jo!--You express yourself so beautifully...

Kelli said...

Tear! What a special part of your students' lives you have become and will always be. I think I might have to move to Illinois so that my kids can have you for a teacher! =)

Love you girl!

Making Memories 1999 said...

Miss Ryder - You are amazing!!

(Just wanted you to know!)